Whitehaven Beach And Heart Reef
© Official Website
When it comes to visiting Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef you need to plan ahead. Both of these destinations are the Whitsundays top 2 tourist attractions, check out our local tips below to experience these amazing places on your Ailie Beach holidays.
Quick intro – My name is Nathan and I have lived and worked in the tourism industry in Airlie Beach since 2001. Over this time I have got to know the outstanding tour companies that go well beyond their competitors to make sure their guests have the best day possible. so let’s get started.
Satellite View Of Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef
Best Ways to Visit Whitehaven Beach And Heart Reef
DAY TRIP WITH ZIGZAG WHITSUNDAYS
ZigZag Whitsundays day tour departs Airlie Beach every day and visits Whitehaven Beach for just over 2 hours during the day.
Here at Whitehaven, you will have the opportunity to participate in a guided walk to the new Whitehaven South Lookout and then enjoy a provided lunch on the beach. There is plenty of time to swim and explore the beach as well.
During the rest of the day, you experience snorkelling on coral reefs and discovering the Whitsundays Islands. Find more information here Whitehaven Beach Tour
70 Minute Scenic Flight
FlyAus do scenic flights from the local airport just 5 minutes drive from Airlie Beach
With scenic flight tours all over Australia, they provide the best flights with every guest getting a window seat!
During the flight, they will see, Heart Reef, Great Barrier Reef, Whitsunday Islands, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet swirling sands and Airlie Beach.
These flights run every day and have a maximum of 5 guests so book ahead to avoid disappointment. For the full details see their Whitsundays Scenic Flight website. When booking us the promo code ZIGZAG to save $120 per person
Sea And Sky Combo
This is the ultimate tour package to see Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef! In this combo, you will get
ZigZag Whitsundays Day Tour
FlyAus 70 minute scenic flight
Tours must be taken on separate days, when making a booking, pick your boat day and receive an open ticket for the scenic flight. in the confirmation email, you will receive all the details for booking your flight day and time. for more information on our combo package see here
Heart Reef Information
- Located – 78km offshore of Airlie Beach in the Hardy Reef region of the Great Barrier Reef
- GPS Location – Latitude -19.7754164 Longitude – 149.2456167
- History – first known sighting was in 1975 by a local Whitsundays pilot
- At 17 meters in diameter, Hert reef is a small coral outcrop (bommie) that formed naturally in the shape of a heart.
Whitehaven Beach Information
- Located – 27 Nautical miles offshore of Airlie Beach on the eastern side of Whitsunday Island (the largest island in the Whitsunday Group of 74)
- GPS Location – Latitude -20.2734286, Longitude – 149.0049079
- History – Whitehaven Beach was discovered and named in 1879 by staff commander EP Bedwell .
- the beach is approximately 7km in length, with the swirling sands of Hill Inlet at the northern end next to betties beach.
- We have a page dedicated to Whitehaven Beach Facts if you want to know more.
Before booking and paying for any tour or experience make sure you read the online reviews. Google reviews are the leading place to start, as you will discover genuine reviews from real people who have been on these tours. To find these, enter the search name of the business into Google and see their business listing for the latest reviews. Below you will find the location and experience reviews.
Inbound Sales And Marketing Specialist At ZigZag Whitsundays
Nath J has lived and worked in the Whitsundays since 2001. Over these 20 years, he has spent 18 of them in the tourism industry.
The only Whitsundays Day Trip with Dynamic Pricing, Tickets Start At Only $135
Comfortable Boat Ride
Comfortable Ride With More Destinations And More Time At Them
Our Tour Is Fully Inclusive Of Lunch Snacks Snorkel Equipment and Wetsuit.