Your Number #1 Airlie Beach Snorkeling And Whitehaven Tour
ZigZag Whitsundays Day tour is your number one choice for visiting the Whitsundays from Airlie Beach. No other trip can match our boat speed, amount of locations visited, friendly tour guides or all inclusive price
ZigZag Whitsundays Day Trip Quick Details
- Departs Daily at 8 am
- Visits Whitehaven Beach
- Two Snorkel Locations
- Island Resort Stop Over
- Pricing Starting At $115
- All Prices include Lunch, Morning and Afternoon Snacks, Snorkel Equipment And Wetsuit
We visit the incredible Whitsunday Islands including Whitehaven Beach the holy grail of white sands and clear tropical waters. Two different snorkel locations, and yes, we supply high-quality equipment including wetsuits. Plus we do what no other tour can do, or has time to do; we visit Palm Bay Resort on Long Island, this small boutique tropical resort is the perfect way to end a day with a cold drink and a swim in the pool.
Fast Fun Whitsundays Day Trip With ZigZag
We want to be crystal clear from the start ZigZag Whitsundays is an Adventure Tour. The boat has four engines totalling 1200 horsepower and giving us a cruising speed up to 24knotts. This will ensure a fast, yet the extremely comfortable ride on most days, however, there will be days where the ride is bumpy and will be affected by waves. These days are a pure adrenaline filled ride, we don’t want to sugar coat this part, if you are pregant, have a existing medical condition ( including back problems) or do not have the tollerance for adrenilen on the water , then this tour is not for you.
Meeting at 8 am and returning at 4 pm we are a true Whitsundays full day tour. Combine that with the fastest boat in the Whitsundays, and you get more time on the water, and more locations visited than any other trip here in Airlie Beach.
The Whitsunday Islands are one of the last genuinely unspoiled regions on the East Coast where natural attractions are a prelude to complete relaxation. Pristine and beautiful in every way, this region comprises of 74 islands in total and stretches along the coast from Mackay to Bowen. Although extremely remote, you can reach this paradise on ZigZag’s Whitsundays Day Trip and explore everything this coastline has to offer.
The Tour spends around 1.5 – 2 hours at Whitehaven Beach. During this time you enjoy a homestyle buffet lunch and discover the 98% pure silica sand and the crystal clear waters of the coral sea.
- 1.5 -2 hours on the beach
- Lunch and water provided
- 98% Silica White Sand
- Beach Landing with stairs
- Shade available under trees
Few places in the world are so isolated or infused with as much natural beauty as Whitehaven Beach on the East coast of Australia. Far from the bustling city and toxic fumes, this awe-inspiring stretch of white powdered sands is a paradise where pure tranquillity is surrounded by a stunning expanse of turquoise blue water.
Two Snorkel Locations
Depart from Airlie Beach and discover coral filled bays filled with tropical fish around the Whitsunday Islands. ZigZag will take you to 2 different snorkel locations for around 45 minutes at each site.(weather dependent)
- 2 Snorkel Locations
- Mask, Snorkel and Fins included
- Wetsuit / Stinger Suit Included
- Fold out stairs for easy water access
- Flotation devices for non-swimmers
Our qualified crew always pick the best locations that suit the conditions for snorkeling on the day. These locations can include Blue Pearl, Bay Luncheon Bay, Border Island and Chalkies bay. These tropical waters are part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and are filled with tropical fish and turtles all year round. The coral reefs are sheltered by the islands and have a broadly diverse range of stunning colours and vibrant sea life. We cater for all swimming abilities and have flotation devices if needed. Discover our Airlie Beach snorkeling opportunities today.
Exclusive Island Resort
Enjoy 45 minutes at Palm Bay Resort situated on Long Island in the Whitsundays. ZigZag is the only tour allowed in this exclusive resort. Enjoy a cocktail or swim in the pool.
- 45 Minute stop approx
- Bring $ for a cold drink or cocktail
- Swim in the pool
- Discover the resort
- Enjoy afternoon tea
ZigZag is the only day tour to have access to Palm Bay Resort. This small secluded resort is on nestled between the rainforest and beach on Long Island
Our trip visits the resort in the afternoon for around 45 minutes. You will get to swim in the pool or have a cold drink or cocktail at the bar.
For guests staying at Palm Bay, we can pick you up from the front beach of the resort. Bookings for guests staying at the resort must be made through the island reception and not our website.
Dynamic Day Tour Pricing
ZigZag’s Whitsundays Day Tour is the same as Airlines, Book Early And Save!
Our Online Dynamic Pricing is the first of its kind in the Whitsundays. Here is why…
Adult – Super Saver – $115
*First 6 tickets until sold out!*
Adult – Standard Discount – $125
*Next 10 tickets until sold out!*
Adult – Final Discount – $145
*Last discounted tickets until sold out!*
Adult – Recommended Retail Rate $175
*Remaining tickets until sold out!*
There is absolutely no difference between the ticket price and which seat you get on the boat or the type of tour — Just like Airlines the price increases as the boat fills up. The earlier you book, the cheaper the ticket. Your cost will never change after you purchase the ticket.
ZigZag Whitsundays Day Tour Itinerary
Your tour with ZigZag Whitsundays day trip
Depart from Abell Point Marina North End In Airlie Beach at 8.30 am.
From the marina, we will head out to the Whitsunday Islands for TWO snorkel locations at sheltered bays filled with coral and tropical fish.
Whitehaven Beach where you will be served lunch and have plenty of time to explore Australia’s number 1 beach.
Taking off for the next location we will head over to another snorkel location which has a beautiful beach to relax on. On the way home, we will be stopping at a secret island resort for 45-mins where you will get the opportunity for a cold cocktail, beer or orange juice and a look around this fantastic tropical resort before we head back to Abell Point Marina for a 4 pm arrival.
Please note while we try our best to keep the same itinerary, factors like tides and wind can mean the crew may have to reverse a few location times.
Fast Comfortable Boat
ZigZag is the quickest day boat in the Whitsundays with four 300hp Suzuki engines! Plus we have just added new extremely comfortable padded bucket seats, making this a quick, comfortable ride without the risk of seasickness. ZigZag sits on top of the waves eliminating the rolling that causes motion sickeness, If you have every felt that way this is the tour for you!
- Fastest day tour boat
- No Seasickness because its to fast 🙂
- Fold down stairs for beach landings and snorkel activities
- Very comfortable seats
- Free iced water onboard
- Onboard bathroom
- Clean, tidy and modern
- Sun protection roof
The Tour Guides
Trained by a Marine Biologist (the owner) our friendly tour guides combine over 20 years experience in the tourism industry, our crew will show you the best the Whitsundays has to offer.
Our Tour guides / Crew are the best Airlie Beach has to offer, we have only selected the best, and have most of the same staff since the company started in 2017.
- Experienced tour guides
- The friendliest crew in the Whitsundays
- Fully marine qualified
- In water activities specialists
- Trained by a marine biologist
- GoPro Camera Onboard
- Genuinely love their work
Comprising of 74 Islands, these group of tropical havens have just been voted the best islands in Australia and South Pacific as part of the Condé Nast Traveler’s 2018 Readers’ Choice Awards. With so many inlets and islands you wont get bored as the boat races across the water to your destination. Which Islands we visit and snorkel at depend on the wind and tide condtions of the day.
See multiple islands including
- Whitsunday Island
- Hook Island
- Long Island
- Molle Group
- Plus much more..
Whitsundays Day Tour Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the tour Depart?
The tour Departs everyday @ 8.30am and returns around 4 pm to 4.30 pm from Abell Point Marina in Airlie Beach.
- Meeting time – Is 8 am sharp at Abell Point Marina North End Roundabout for directions, please see this map to our Whitsundays Day Tour Meeting Point
- Do you have a pickup service? No – with our dynamic pricing we pass the savings onto you by not having a pickup service.
- What should I Bring? You should bring sunscreen, hat, towel, cash or credit card (for drinks at Palm Bay Long Island Bar)
- Can I buy anything on tour? The only purchases are when we stop in at Palm Bay island resort in the afternoon, and there is an opportunity to buy a few cold drinks.
- Where Does the Whitsundays Day Trip Go? The Tour itinerary can change due to tides and weather conditions, but we usually visit two separate snorkel locations, stay on Whitehaven Beach for around 90 minutes and visit Palm Bay Long Island Resort in the afternoon
- Pick Ups From Palm Bay Resort We do pick up guests from Palm Bay resort for the tour. However, all bookings must be made through Palm Bay Resort on Long Island. Dynamic pricing does not apply to any pickups and drop-offs from the resort.
- I’m visiting Airlie Beach for the day on a cruise ship can I do the tour? Unfortunately no. There is no cruise ship terminal here. The thousands of guests on the ship are transported to the mainland in small ferries. This can take up to two hours each way, not leaving enough time to board or return from our tour
- Is This Tour Suitable If I’m Pregnant Or Have Known Back Problems ? No! ZigZag Whitsundays is a fast boat that rides waves, this can result in a wild bumpy ride on rough days.
Video Introduction To Our Tour
Suzuki Australia came to film ZigZag Whitsundays Day Tour, which is one of only boats running 4 x 300 outboard engines.
Meet the crew and take a virtual tour of our day out on the water.
The only Whitsundays Day Trip with Dynamic Pricing Tickets Start At Only $105
Fast Boat Ride
1200 Horse Power Means a Fast Comfortable Ride With More Destinations And More Time At Them
Our Tour Is Fully Inclusive Of Lunch Morning Tea Afternoon Tea Snorkel Equipment and Wetsuit.
ZigZag Whitsundays is a locally owned and operated company. Owners Ben ( Boat Mechanic)and Nicole (Marine Biologist) are dedicated to giving you the best tour in Airlie Beach
Abell Point Marina
Airlie Beach QLD 4802
0447 378 354